Once again, Windows Team is addicted to C/C++… I love those guys… :)
Windows 8 Internals are fully native (C/C++)
- Windows Team works since more than 2/3 years on this technology
- Windows Runtime and Windows Runtime Language use the latest C/C++ modern features
- WRL is the new ATL/COM technology
Presentation Technologies are native
- Windows 8 is powered by native XAML controls and DirectX technologies
- Internet Explorer rendering engine experience is a key factor
- IE is used has the web app container and handles CSS, XML, JS technologies
- XAML for C++ was implemented and is used. Nor WPF or Silverlight or .NET code is involved in W8.
- Every language is considered as a first-class language but the reality is different….
- C++ has major advantages against C#, VB, JS because it is native and Windows is native
- Metro Style App model allows C# use but not the whole .NET framework stack. Less < 10%. Revolution…
- C++ applications can use C-Runtime, STL and some Win32 API with limited restrictions compared to C#