Monthly Archives: February 2017
You can download my application here:
In the archive there are 2 main folders: bin and images. I have also created a shortcut. Adjust the shortcut to start the app located in bin but place the working directory on the upper folder.
I have a little bug on displaying images by setting the current folder. It will be fixed sooner.
To run the application, you must have vcredist from VS2015. These dll are not distributed in the zip archive.
When I have updated Scintilla’s wrappers written by Naughter, I encountered compilation errors…
This the MFC class view that operates with the scintilla control. I need to update that class too. But first of all, I need to update Boost. Current version is 1.63. Just compile it with bjam. Classic stuff. Result is in stage\lib folder.
For the moment I use Boost only for serialization stuff for XML stuff.
Here is a XML file:
Boost serialization is not easy because it is designed that data has to be read by a Boost app…
I have worked 6 years to Sogeti and I was belonging to the “.NET Rangers” team by Sogeti. Check http://www.dotnetrangers.fr web site to enter into our blog. The Team was managed by François MERAND and we work in various places in France. There are guys in Paris, Lyon and Bordeaux.
Now, I join Microsoft France to do Senior PFE job (Premier Field Engineer).
I will make some enhancements to my modeler project (http://ultrafluid.codeplex.com). I have moved to Visual Studio online.
My project use three open-source projects:
– Scintilla (http://www.scintilla.org/)
– MFC Naughter classes to encapsulate Scintilla edit control with MFC (http://www.naughter.com/scintilla.html)
– Boost (http://www.boost.org/)
My project was primary built in the 2012′. It was an idea to make my daughter Lisa able to place elements with the mouse.
It is a family project. It was also an free-time occupation when I was consultant for the “Banque de France” to build Architecture diagrams.
The initial goal of the project is to build diagrams with individual shapes elements. These elements contains properties and everything is store in a database.
Then, it is possible to make requests to find things. For the moment, I have no database. I need to implement that part of the software.
First surprise when I rebuilt the project with the latest version of Scintilla, the Naughter classes produced C++ compilation errors.
I needed to get the latest classes but also make some minor corrections (hide the code of 2 methods).
For boost, I have a version 1.59 on my computer and I have no evidence to jump to the latest version because I just use serialization and XML stuff which belong to a very stable library : serialization.
I rebuilt the project and it just works. The project updated to MSVC140 build tools with Visual Studio 2015.
This is the magic of C++ : it works along all theses years… But my open-source libraries has evolved and most of the time, getting an updated version can bring some changes.
In my case, the Naughter MFC classes depends on Scintilla project so the GET operation must assure that the 2 projects are synced.