“Open Folder” is the best feature of the IDE:
But if you want more comfort, check Enable Full-Screen :
All of the magic is done by the MFC framework. It’s beautiful and cool. :)
Look at that:
It’s an important feature to have software’s adoption.
For the december edition of programmez n°213, I have written an article and developped an IDE using MFC and C++.
This week, I will deliver 5 days about a hot session on C++ Windows Programming using MFC.
Goal: plan to migrate a Win32 C messages app to a MFC app with Ribbon, Properties Grid and more.
I have made some improvments to the Visual Studio Demo App. The Scintilla MFC wrappers from naughter.com are used. Stay tuned…
The world is built on C++: Windows and its 3400 dlls, Explorer app, MS Paint, your browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE, Firefox), your multimedia player, Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc), Notepad++, SysInternals Suite Tools, etc.
Here is a picture I wrote about C++ myths and reality ; it’s funny. Everybody can catch something.
There are various books about C++. The reference manuals and the optimizations ones. For example, Addison Wesley has a serie called “C++ In-Depth – Bjarne Stroustrup” also called the red books. Look at this titles:
- Accelerated C++: Practical Programming by Example, Andrew Koenig
and Barbara E. Moo
- Applied C++: Practical Techniques for Building Better Software, Philip Romanik and Amy Muntz
- The Boost Graph Library: User Guide and Reference Manual, Jeremy G. Siek, Lie-Quan Lee, and Andrew Lumsdaine
- C++ Network Programming, Volume 1: Mastering Complexity Using ACE and Patterns, Douglas C. Schmidt and Stephen D. Huston
- C++ Network Programming, Volume 2: Systematic Reuse with ACE and Frameworks, Douglas C. Schmidt and Stephen D. Huston
- C++ Template Metaprogramming: Concepts, Tools, and Techniques from Boost and Beyond, David Abrahams, Aleksey Gurtovoy
- Essential C++, Stanley B. Lippman
- Exceptional C++ Style 40 New Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems, and Solutions, Herb Sutter
- Exceptional C++; 47 Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems,
and Solutions, Herb Sutter
- Modern C++ Design: Applied Generic Programming and Design Patterns,
- More Exceptional C++: 40 New Engineering Puzzles, Programming Problems, and Solutions, Herb Sutter
Not in the serie:
- Effective C++ Third Edition, 55 Specific Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs, Scott Meyers
The book of the language is:
- The C++ programming language, Fourth edition, Bjarne Stroustrup
The books to understand rapidly the new features of C++11 is:
- A Tour of C++, Bjarne Stroustrup
- C++ Primer, Fifth Edition, Stanley B. Lippman, Josée Lajoie, Barbara E. Moo
The book to understand the compilers is:
- Inside the C++ Object Model, Stanley B. Lippman
The book to learn the STL:
- The C++ standard library : a tutorial and reference, 2nd Edition, Nicolai M. Josuttis